Cross-chain Web3 is not the future anymore, it’s a reality that will have an impact on every business in the crypto industry — be it a wallet, a DEX, an NFT marketplace, or any other crypto project that already exists, or is yet to be launched. Can dApps, as a major crypto market player, ignore this trend? Mass adoption, traction, number of users, and many other business indicators fall under the influence of current and future Web3 trends. How does one scale up and grow a successful decentralized application by following today’s market direction? What cross-chain Web3 solutions already exist on the market? Why is Rubic’s Cross-Chain toolkit the ultimate way for any dApp to jump into cross-chain? Get the answers to these questions right in this article!
Why Do dApps Need to Become Cross-Chain?
In this day and age, the blockchain world is witnessing a huge dApp adoption which has soared in the past few years. In total, there are around 4,073 dApps in the crypto space with 80% of them built on Ethereum (2,970 dApps and 117.82k daily transactions to Ethereum dApp contracts).
Given the ever-increasing number of projects, networks, and blockchains, the crypto space is moving toward enhanced interoperability layers, cross-chain messaging, and transferring assets from any chain to any chain. Here is where Cross-Chain Web3 technology comes in. How does it benefit dApps?
Thanks to interoperability and Web3 tech, independent blockchains and networks can communicate with one another, combining their efficiencies, decentralization, features, and sending data & assets freely across the blockchain space, which creates synergy.
Low Costs, More Efficiency
Cross-chain dApps achieve greater scalability, faster transaction times, and higher security. Cross-Chain interoperability reduces operational costs compared to implementation of separate blockchain solutions.
Speaking of business profit, dApps that have implemented cross-chain Web3:
- Increase trading volume & revenue
- Tap into a new user base
- Expand marketing activities with other projects across the blockchain space
When blockchains and networks can communicate with one another, their users and liquidity are not confined to just one ecosystem.
Your dApp becomes open to the entire market!
Cross-Chain Solutions for Token Trading
How can one let all of these dApps and ecosystems communicate with each other?
Let’s dive into several options allowing dApps to go cross-chain.
- Integrating a bridge
Cross-chain bridges allow you to bridge assets from one chain to another. By doing so, you enable the transferring of one asset into its wrapped version on another blockchain. For instance, users will be able to swap $USDT from Polygon into $USDT on BNB. Bridge integration is time-consuming and takes up a lot of development team resources. Another pitfall is that if you want to grow your project into an omnichain ecosystem and cross-chain trading, one bridge will never be enough — you will have to integrate numerous bridges. Moreover, bridges are limited in terms of swappable volume, and if a bridge runs out of liquidity for certain assets, your platform won’t let users make a swap.
2. Deploying your project on several blockchains
Considering a huge amount of time spent on deployment (which can take up to months, not weeks) and expenditures, by launching your project on 4 networks you will split your liquidity. Let’s say, $600 million will become $150 million for each of them. It will diminish your liquidity and degrade your tokenomics. Overall, deployment on other blockchains is a much more time-consuming, expensive, and complicated process than even integrating several bridges.
3. Cross-chain messaging protocols
Cross-chain messaging protocols are designed to move a wider range of information types between chains — in addition to exporting tokens, they can send contract calls, proofs, and states. Cross-chain messaging protocols vary in terms of functionality and operation. For example, IBC is the standard for chain interoperability in the Cosmos ecosystem. The chains adopt and use the IBC messaging standard while light clients in both networks and relayers (those who directly move information) take responsibility for cross-chain interaction. IBC is not suitable for all chains — it’s expensive and inconvenient for chains outside of the Cosmos ecosystem.
To get started with these types of cross-chain tools, one should have a certain degree of expertise and do their due diligence in terms of development issues to understand the pros and cons. It needs time and requires a lot of human resources.
4. Implementing Rubic’s Cross-Chain Tools
Rubic provides the ultimate solution for any crypto project that strives to jump into cross-chain in the most cost-efficient, user-friendly, and fastest way. Compared to the above-mentioned options (bridges, blockchains, cross-messaging protocols), Rubic harnesses all of their benefits: it can aggregate and integrate any of the above-mentioned solutions in one place. With Rubic, you will enable swapping of 15,500+ assets across 18 blockchains in one click, right on your project’s website. Rubic’s toolkit is fast, free, and doesn’t require a lot of coding, human resources, or expertise:
- No need to pack together separate bridges and DEXs anymore, or spend loads of time integrating them.
- No need to hassle your dev team to write new smart contracts or set up your own relayers and validators when launching on other blockchains.
- No need to keep extra servers safe and pay for it.
Due to the aggregation of 70+ DEXs and bridges into Rubic, your dApp will always have smart routing, the best rates, regular updates, and data gathering.
- The turn-key widget will be a great fit for those dApps that value time and effort .
- Our SDK will suit the projects that love to customize and build their own features, since this is a White label solution.
- With Rubic’s NFT widget, dApps get a chance to catch up with the newest trends in the crypto space by enabling their users to purchase NFTs in batches, with more than 15,500 tokens across 18 blockchains, right on their platform.
As the premier One-Click Cross-Chain Swap Aggregator, Rubic has a total swap volume of over $270M and over 53,700 users. Rubic’s tools have been integrated by more than 90 projects, such as Coin360, HectorFinance, and more.
Advantages of Rubic’s Cross-Chain dApp solution
Any of the above-mentioned Rubic cross-chain tools (SDK, Widget, NFT Widget) carry out the following advantages and battle-tested features:
Сross-chain right on your website, in one click
- Users don’t have to visit an external provider and can buy assets directly on your website, regardless of which chain their funds are on (no need for a separate bridge, DEX, or CEX).
List newly-launched tokens in your swapping solution
- Any newly-launched token is either automatically listed because of our 60+ integrated DEXs, or can be listed manually in a couple of minutes.
Pump up revenue
- Your project gets up to 30–50% of the adjustable fees coming from cross-chain swaps.
Increase user base & trading volume
- By implementing cross-chain Web3 technology, you will undoubtedly increase trading volume and attract more users.
The best rates and times
- You can get the best rates and trade times, as 70+ DEXs and bridges give you the best swap deals. The average transaction takes 90 seconds.
Security is priority
- Being an aggregator, Rubic ensures security via automated monitoring; and switches off transactions to a corrupted service immediately. It is resistant to overloads and attacks, while guaranteeing liquid swaps are extremely resilient in case one of the providers goes out of operation.
4 Steps to Jump Into Cross-Chain with Rubic
Integration of the SDK or Widget is free and takes up to 30 minutes for the simplest SDK integration. For the full and customized integration of the SDK, it takes around 2–3 days.
- Install the SDK
2. Set up the SDK
After installation, you will need to initialize the SDK.
Check it out: https://docs.rubic.finance/rubic-sdk/set-up-sdk
3. Calculate Trades
Now, you can calculate cross-chain and on-chain trades.
In this step, you get the real trade object.
4. Perform a Swap
Choose the swap options or parameters, and specify your gas data or actions which will be executed right after transaction signing.
You can always find more details about the integration process in our technical documentation: https://cryptorubic.github.io/rubic-sdk/
Rubic: Cross-Chain Swaps in One-Click in Your dApp
Today, any crypto project that strives to scale up and grow into a successful business available across the crypto space, has got a range of cross-chain solutions — cross-chain bridges, cross-chain messaging protocols, widgets, SDKs, and others.
Before opting for any of them, make calculations on time, on your development team’s resources, and your goal. Rubic can create an omnichain interoperable ecosystem out of any crypto project — be it a wallet, dApp, game, launchpad, or Metaverse app. With market-proven solutions, Rubic has already helped over 90 projects to make a leap toward cross-chain Web3 technology and grow into a cross-chain Web3 ecosystem.
Remember that interoperability and omnichain solutions are not the future anymore, it’s a reality, and we, Rubicans, are here to help crypto projects adapt it to the whole world!
Our social media channels: